How to edit previously entered data? Example Add a photo later Thanks
Hi Laurence, go to My eButterfly obs – find record to edit – click on record number or upper left – on detail record page click exit button – click add photo button.
This procedure will be simplified this week-end with our latest updates pushed to the website. We will have a edit button directly on the observation page.
Allo Laurence, sorry, your latest addition to this conversation got lost in the shuffle:
Thank you so much for eButterflying. You can easily revisit a submission and edit it and add photos at any time. Here’s how you do it.
1. Visit My eButterfly and on the right hand column you can either go to My Checklists (to edit an entire checklist) or My Observations (to edit just a single observation on a checklist).
2. In this case, click on My Observations and then find the observation you want to edit by using the filter or simply scrolling down the list.
3. Once you find the observation, click on the little eye icon to the right of it and it will open it.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the opened observation and click on the pen and paper icon to edit it.
5. Now you can edit anything and click on the camera icon to add a photo(s).
6. Click Save and you are all done!
I hope this is easy for you to follow. Sounds like a lot, but it is fast once you do it once to learn.
Let me know if you need more help.
Hi Adam, go to see you adding your Observations to eB! This should work
1) go to my checklists, on the right hand side of the page when you are in My eButterfly.
2) Find the checklist you want to add species to – click the + icon and you will taken to step 3 of the checklist
3) Add the species to the checklist you wish to add.
Also, I just tried on Google Chrome and if you use a small x in the box where you report the number of ind. it will be accepted.
Let me know how it goes
HI Adam, thanks for pointing this out. I will change it.
We will at some point have a way of editing observations/checklists more similar to eBird but probably not this season. Sorry about this. As you can imagine our resources are definitely not as extensive to eBird (yet) so we have to be ver strategic in our coding time and right now we need to improve our species listing displays, data import/export interface and historical data to name a few.
Keep on submitting, your bfly data makes a big difference!
My pleasure. Let me know if you are down east, I’l take you out butterflying!